27 Jul UFC Fight Night: Lawler Vs. Brown Results
July 26 2014 – SAP Center, San Jose, California.
What looked like an action packed card turned out to be a card where the judges were kept incredibly busy with decision-heavy fights. That doesn’t mean we were in for a night of boring fight. The main event between Robbie Lawyer and Matt Brown was a back and forth fight with both men landing clean shots and having success ultimately resulting in Lawler winning via unanimous decision and earning a second shot at the Welterweight title against Johny Hendricks.
Luckily nobody told Anthony Johnson that he was suppose to get a decision. He destroyed Nogueira in just 44 seconds of the first round after throwing a flurry of huge strikes that saw Nog crumble to the ground. ‘Rumble’ is looking like one of the most exciting prospects at Light Heavyweight after putting on another impressive performance against Phil Davis earlier this year.
The undercard saw Kyle Kingsbury get dominated for 3 rounds by Patrick Cummins superior wrestling skills and subsequently announced his retirement in a backstage interview with the MMA media.
- Robbie Lawler def. Matt Brown via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47)
- Anthony Johnson def. Antônio Rogério Nogueira via TKO (Punches) at 0:44 of Round 1
- Dennis Bermudez def. Clay Guida via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:57 of Round 2
- Bobby Green def. Josh Thomson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Jorge Masvidal def. Daron Cruickshank via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Patrick Cummins def. Kyle Kingsbury via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-25, 30-24)
- Tim Means def. Hernani Perpetuo via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brian Ortega def. Michael De La Torre via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 1:39 of Round 1
- Tiago Trator def. Akbarh Arreola via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 30-27)
- Gilbert Burns def. Andreas Ståhl via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Joanna Jędrzejczyk def. Juliana Lima via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Noad Lahat def. Steven Siler via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Fight Of The Night: Robbie Lawler Vs. Matt Brown
- Performances Of The Night: Anthony Johnson & Dennis Bermudez